Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Kitsaya Sushi - Kitsilano


Kitsaya Sushi
3105 West Broadway Vancouver, B.C.

I used to come here when it was called Kitsilano Sushi..I don't know when they changed names
but it had been a good 6 or 7 years since I had last come here. Much to the dismay of the servers, my dad and I (being frugal) would order their 18 piece sushi special and split it between the two of us.

I started coming back here in the Summer of 2012 and it was pretty much the same as I remember, they still had their $5.95 special, and now being a cheap student I would still get it.


My heart broke a little bit on this particular visit. Sometime in the last two months they changed
the $5.95 price to $6.95. I'm not sure which emotion I should be feeling..anger?..sadness? .. betrayal?
All kidding aside, I came for an early lunch and went with the special anyways.


So what does $6.95 now get you?

6 piece california roll
6 piece yam tempura roll
6 piece tuna roll
miso soup

I find the rolls to be usually pretty good quality here. I find they have made them a bit bigger
which may seem like a good thing but personally prefer a bit smaller.
For $7 I was satiated nicely and have no complaints.
I'm a little choked about the price increase, but they have had that going on for years and years and
eventually people raise their prices. 


In case anyone cares about miso soup (I know I do) here it is.
A funny little anecdote, a young girl, no older than 3 was having lunch
with her mom at the same time. When the waitress came to take their order,
she ever so quite elequently asked for miso soup, and yummy soba.I think
it was supposed to be yaki-soba but I can't deny that it is not yummy. I thought it was
cute/funny...don't judge me!


Kitstaya Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...