Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beecher's Handmade Cheese - Pikes Place, Seattle

A trip to Seattle isn't complete without a walk about at Pikes Place Market. I think the last time I was here it was 6 years ago and I was on a band trip..oh how time flies. I wanted to do some eating around here and I found my self drawn to a shop called Beecher's.

Initially I thought there was a big line-up waiting to get food, which tested what little patience I have, but I soon realised that it was actually just people watching cheese being made. So inside the store they self various products, as well as they actually make cheese.

I didn't get a chance to look at all of the different things they sold there, but I saw some frozen macaroni dinners you could buy, and I'm sure they sold cheese curds there as well. Quite the neat little store along here. I went and ordered a large "world's best mac and cheese" for about 8 or 9 dollars. A little much for mac and cheese if you ask me.
I brought out the cup of it outside so that everyone in my party could try some. I liked that they used different pasta and it was altogether some pretty solid mac and cheese... world's best? not too sure about that, but it was good. The pictures of the actual mac and cheese didn't turn out too great but I think most people know what it looks like..it's the taste that matters.
I wouldn't call this a must try thing at Pikes Place, but I would definitely check out the shop and maybe get a small if you're feeling peckish.

Beecher's Handmade Cheese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...