Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Rainforest Cafe - Disney's Animal Kingdom


Today was our trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom we wanted get there early to beat the lines which meant getting breakfast there as well. The only place open that early was the Rainforest Cafe, I'm sure many of you Vancouverites remember the one in Metrotown (I vaguely remember it from when I was 6 or 7).



I somewhat remembered that it wasn't exactly the greatest food and it was more a place to go for the atmopshere and to take kids (good thing I'm a kid at heart). We grabbed a seat at the bar so we could eat quickly and get out and enjoy the park, I was happy to be surrounded by animitronic animals so that I did not have to use manners while I ate.

I ordered the breakfast of bandits $8.99. It was a very generous portion of eggs, however they tasted like they came from a powder and with a tear running down my face I ate them. The bacon was actually very good, I really enjoyed it, thick and crispy, very good. Nothing special about the meal, just lots of food for not a lot of money. A good bargain if you're looking to save money while in Disneyworld.


My girlfriend ordered Cha Cha's Wild Waffle $9.49. I managed to get a picture of it before she spread the whip cream all over it. Again this was nothing special but it didn't break the bank either which was what we were looking for (save money with breakfast so you can spend more on lunch and dinner).

I leave you with a picture of the menu, which you can't read a word on, I just thought it looked cool.
The food was not anything spectacular but for the price I can't complain.
Hopefully this post brought back some nostalgic memories for anyone that hasn't been here for a while.
Rainforest Café (Animal Kingdom) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...