Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kadoya Japanese Restaurant (Denman)



http://www.kadoya.ca/

(604) 609-9999

202-1184 Denman Street

Vancouver BC, V6G

Japanese/ Sushi



The sun was shining bright and the temperature was hovering around the low twenties, In Vancouver I'll take what I can get when it comes to the weather. I thought it would be nice to head down to English Bay and relax on the beach for a while. A minute from the beach is one of many sushi restaurants in the area Kadoya. It is on the second story of a building with a Marble Slab and pizza place right underneath. I have been here two or three times before and thought it would be a perfect spot to grab something to eat after the sun got to be too much.
Miso Soup


We lucked out and got a nice spot near the window (the place isn't that big so there weren't many other options) tucked away nicely in the corner..perfect for taking pictures :) I started off getting a miso soup because I like it. This was just your ordinary miso soup, not much tofu which is a plus for me but lots of green onions and scallions (I think) which I like. Sitting enjoying my miso soup I was able to take in the surrounding area outside the window, watching people take pictures with those weird statues was quite amusing.



We got an assortment of various rolls, Yam Tempura, Avocado, Spicy Tuna, and Beef.

Yam Tempura, Avocado, Spicy Tuna, and Beef
I seem to always order spicy tuna, it is definitely my favorite and a lot of restaurants do them differently, whether it be the sauce or other ingredients.
Left: Beef Right: Spicy Tuna
I think I found my new favorite spicy tuna roll. The one hear was not like most I have had which is just a regular tuna roll with sauce on it, this one had tempura batter in it and although it wasn't very spicy I really liked it. The beef roll was pretty good too, pretty much the same as any other I have had. I have to say that the spicy tuna stole the show for me, my girlfriend even liked it and she usually doesn't eat them..I had to stop her from eating my rolls because she had her veggie ones to eat.

Beef Roll (close up)
I don't really have a lot to say about the beef roll I just liked this picture so I put it up. You can see the onions and beef and what not from what would be beef teriyaki, It was a little dry I think it could have been improved on by having a little teriyaki sauce drizzled on it, I am far from an expert on these matters though.



Left: Yam Tempura Right: Avocado
Lastly we have our two veggie rolls, the Yam Tempura and the Avocado. I didn't eat as many of these ones but I thought they were really good. I don't really see the point of getting a roll with just veggies and what not in it when for the same price you could get one with fish but variety is the spice of life and my girlfriend and I must come to agreement on some things.


Final Thoughts: I really like this place, the rolls are made so that they don't fall apart and the prices aren't too bad, of course there is cheaper out there but I would much rather enjoy my meal and pay a bit more. I would recommend trying the spicy tuna, I thought it was amazing. Check this place out if you're at the beach and are looking for a quick eat.

Kadoya Japanese (Denman) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...