Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cactus Club Cafe (Lougheed)

(604) 291-6606


Today we were celebrating my girlfriends birthday/watching the final game of Boston and TB. I was invited out with her family for dinner at Cactus Club. I don't eat here very often because the prices are a much for my pocket book but I do think the food is very good. I had read somewhere that this particular location hosted one of the nicest bathrooms in the lower mainland...I was definitely going to check this out.
I thought the interior was very high end and I wouldn't mind having a house that looked the same.
On the table:
The Brazilian
our version of brazil's best kept secret, the caipirinha - fresh kiwi, lime & sugar cane muddled with rum & soda
My girlfriend ordered this drink, I of course wanted to try some because it looked quite interesting. There wasn't a whole lot of flavor in this drink but it was very refreshing, perfect to sip by the pool on a hot day. I just thought the look of it was awesome though, I could care less about how it tastes.
The Burger (Rob Feenie Signature)
-aged cheddar cheese, cured bacon, sautéed mushrooms, red pepper relish
I ordered the burger because I was feeling hungry, I know some of the entrees can be kind of small but you can never really go wrong with a burger. I also substituted half yam fries and half a Cesar salad (yes I'm a bit of a diva) to accompany the burger. This burger was huge, I was so happy when it came out. I greedily dug into the burger ignoring the fries and salad, by the end my plate was such a mess I had to finish the burger with a knife and fork. The salad was nothing special but I enjoyed the yam fries, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Butternut squash & Prawn Ravioli (Rob Feenie Signature)
truffle beurre blanc, amaretti, pine nuts and crispy sage with white wine sautéed jumbo prawns
This is what my girlfriend orders every time we are at the cactus club. At least today it was a bit different, usually it doesn't come with prawns and has a few minor changes. Luckily for me my gf is not a big fan of prawns so I got to eat them all! They were very very good. I didn't try any of the ravioli but she swears by it. For a hungry male like myself I would not order this dish simply because there is not enough to fill me up, which is a shame because it is really good.

The waitresses were really nice and even brought a new filet mignon for my gf's mother because the first one wasn't cooked well, they also took the filet off the bill which I thought was very nice of them to do.

Cactus Club Cafe (Lougheed) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...