Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bella Gelateria: Old-World Handcrafted Gelato (Downtown)

(604) 569-1010
1001 W Cordova St
Vancouver, BC V6C
http://www.bellagelateria.com/

A sunny day in Vancouver means one thing to me, I am going downtown. Armed with my sandals, shorts, t-shirt, camera and wallet I set off to get some refreshing eats. I had been wanting to go to Bella Gelateria for a while now and a sunny day was the perfect excuse. I quite often see on twitter the different flavors this place has, and I must say I often catch myself salivating at some of them.

The only other time I have had sorbet/gelato was when I was in Italy so I was hoping this would be just as good. I read on their website that the owner came from Italy and learned how to make gelato and sorbet there so I was expecting good things.

I usually am quite quick to pick what I want but I had to spend a great deal of time looking at the menu because there were so many good sounding flavors. I decided to get three different ones (me and my girlfriend were sharing..cute right?). I chose the Thai Coconut Milk gelato, my girlfriend chose the Sumac Ridge Gewurztraminer, as a middle ground we both decided on the Limone (Lemon) sorbet.

Thai Coconut Milk, Gewurztraminer, Limone
The Thai Coconut Milk was my favorite flavor, the flavor was very rich and the coconut tasted like it was somewhat toasted which was very tasty. I am an amateur wine drinker so when it comes to whites I like my sweet Rieslings and Gewurztraminer (still not very good at saying that one) this gelato definitely had a nice wine flavor to it, I was not even aware that you could have a wine flavored gelato. My girlfriend loved this one, it was sweet and actually tasted like the wine, I suggest you try it. The limone sorbet was my second favorite, I love tart and this was definitely tart. It was so refreshing and my face would cringe whenever I got a spoon full, which was awesome.

Final Thoughts:
-
Awesome place with awesome sorbets/gelatos
-I will be coming back next time I am in the area to try some more flavors
-White wine makes an excellent gelato flavor!
-Just as good if not better than what I had in Italy.

Bella Gelateria: Old-World Handcrafted Gelato on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...