Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Japadog (Downtown) People really Lined up that long for this?

Last year I was unable to be in Vancouver for the Olympics because I was in Palm Springs (not a very good Canadian I know). In the midst of all the craziness that I heard was going on, one thing that caught my attention was the attention that Japadog a new food cart was getting. It apparently had huge line ups during the games and was getting rave reviews.

Just recently I was downtown and didn't really feel like braking the bank so I thought I would check it out.
Wouldn't you know it, a year later and there still was a big line-up for food, crazy.
I placed my order for The Terimayo Japadog.


Um well it looked cool with the seaweed but the taste was really not anything spectacular. I was expecting to bite in and be in pure bliss but it was just a hot dog. It was good, I love hot dogs but I don't really understand why it was so popular, could someone enlighten me?
I assume that when this cart opened it was something really different than just the regular hot dog that it became very popular.


It could just be my personal taste, but I found it funny how people in the line-up to order were talking about how amazing it was... they're just hot dogs!

Final Thoughts:
-I think this place is a little overrated (well a lot)
-It was good, but not what I expected
-It's something different which I respect
Japadog (Burrard & Smithe) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...