Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Guys Burgers & Fries (West Van)

Five Guys Burgers & Fries (West Van)
2002 Park Royal S

West Vancouver, BC V7T

www.fiveguys.com


After a long day of skiing at Whistler the only viable option for eats on the way home was Five Guys Burger & Fries. I had never been here but it had been on my radar for some time. The day prior I had gone to Fatburger so I had a bit of a burger tooth going on.

Upon entering the establishment my ears were filled with wonderful music, "Blue Jean" by David Bowie. I had given this place a thumbs up without even eating the food anywhere that plays David Bowie gets kudos from me.
Looking at the menu there was not a wide variety, which is fine with me it makes for an easy decision.
I opted for the Little Cheeseburger $5.99 (which was by no means little). I did not get a drink or fries because that jacks the price up quite a bit. A great thing about Five Guys is that all toppings are free, I of course got all of them put on (Mayo, Relish, Onions, Lettuce, Pickles, Tomatoes, Grilled Mushrooms).

One more thing that made the experience really cool was that they had peanuts in shells to eat while you waited for your food.
This reminded me of being in California, eating peanuts on the pier as seagulls circled hungrily overhead. I quite enjoyed having something to munch on. The peanuts were an exquisite mix of crunchiness with a nice smooth finish (ok i'll be serious now).
The food came and upon unwrapping my burger I wasn't quite sure what to think.
Not exactly a thing of beauty.. I guess when you try and stuff that many ingredients into a burger the end result isn't always pretty. I was not particularity wowed by the burger. It was good don't get me wrong and I would definitely get it again but there wasn't really anything that set it apart from other places.
I think I have to retract my previous statement, there is one thing that sets it apart from some places..when I was done I was left with quite a hearty salad.
I usually like having the salad as an appetizer but in this case it was dessert.
My girlfriend got fries with her meal so I snapped a picture of them. What you see in the picture is about 1/4 of the fries you actually get, the rest are in the bag the food came in..there was a lot of them.
I thought the fries were really good. I mean when your claim to fame is Burger and Fries you better make some good ones. The fries are fried in peanut oil which gives them a darker colour and a little different taste. I quite enjoyed them.

Verdict:- Big burgers, great deal with free toppings
- Complimentary Peanuts are a win
-David Bowie playing (speaks for itself)
- Fries fried in Peanut oil is a nice change
To end things off I'll throw up a beautiful view we had in between Harmony and Symphony bowl on top of Whistler Mountain.
Five Guys Burgers & Fries (West Van) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...