Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Miura Waffle Milk Bar- Downtown on Davie


Bulgogi
I had randomly stumbled across this place on Urbanspoon and was instantly intrigued by the prospect of waffle sandwiches. I never drive downtown and would much prefer to walk from Burrard sky train station, yesterday was so nice out I was hoping today would be the same..afraid not. My girlfriend and I had a nice walk in the rain.
We entered the restaurant to find it nice and warm, although empty which usually is not a good sign. I looked over the menu and the Bulgogi (beef, egg, kimchi) Savory Waffle was my choice.
Bulgogi
My "part time vegetarian" girlfriend ordered the BEC (bacon, egg, cheese) Savory Waffle .

I really liked mine. The flavors were great, and the beef was cooked right into the waffle, not really sure how to explain it. I was very pleased with this one and happily devoured it. For $6.49 the price was not bad, I was still hungry after and could have easily ate one more but I do have a very large appetite. I opened it up to take a picture and realized that the picture did not really do it justice. Despite the mess that was my picture It really was a very good and interesting combination of flavors.
BEC
My girlfriend's bacon, egg, and cheese waffle followed suit with mine and had the meat cooked right into the waffle. She enjoyed it but didn't really get too excited over it.
My Verdict: I really enjoyed my waffle itt was something different which I appreciated. I don't think I'd go out of my way to come here but if I am peckish and in the area then I would definitely come back. I would recommend trying the Bulgogi, the Hoisen, and Garlic Chicken waffles.


Miura Waffle Milk Bar on Urbanspoon








1 comment:

  1. oh man i need to go get something to eat now. something sweet!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...