Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Ruby Restaurant (Delta/Surrey)


Chinese food is usually not high up on my eating list. There are times however when I feel the need to eat large portions of food for cheap prices. I don't really know what authentic Chinese food is, being Caucasian what I know of Chinese food is choose two or three items with rice or noodles.
Tonight my dad did not feel like cooking so we headed over to a local Chinese restaurant. We have been here numerous times and although it probably isn't considered authentic, you get a lot for what you pay.

On the table: 

Beef Chop Suey, Chicken Chow Mein, Sweet & Sour Chicken
I made my choice pretty easily. I am always in awe at the amount of food you can get for $10. The food really isn't anything spectacular, I think it's better than what you'd get at a food court but it is certainly edible. I love chow mein and have never really had bad chow mein before.  There is much I can say about the food, it's your generic Chinese fare.
Deep Fried Prawns, Chicken Chow Mein, Beef & Broccoli
Despite the (No Substitution Please) on the menu, my father wanted beef and broccoli which was pretty much the exact same as my beef chop suey minus onions.

If you want to be full and not break the bank this place is great for cheap eats. If you are looking for fine dining what are you doing in North Delta?

New Ruby Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...