Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Burgoo - Main Street (Second Visit)


I first visited Burgoo in April (see post), My girlfriend and I had some business to attend to on Broadway so we thought we would try this place out. We simply loved it. Fast forward to July and we were back. The funny thing about our two visits was the weather was almost identical. Pouring rain in April, quite normal..Pouring rain in July..no thank you.

French Onion Soup-
deeply roasted onions in rich beef broth with country style croutons slow baked with gooey Gruyere, Emmenthal and Mozzarella
Last time I came here I instantly regretted not ordering the french onion soup, after seeing it come out for another customer I knew that I had to order it next time. Prior to this my only real experience with french onion soup was at the Old Spaghetti Factory, which is not exactly the best place to get it. Burgoo's soup was simply delightful. I really enjoyed the nice broth, onions, and crazy amounts of cheese. It was very rich and we both quite enjoyed it.

Dos Diablos, BC two grilled angle cut filone sandwiches with melted spicy white Cheddar, chunks of Chorizo sausage and roasted red pepper

I ordered the soup and sandwich combination so I also had a sandwich to go along with the soup. I had already had the blt on my last visit so I went with something new and got the Dos Diablos sandwich. I couldn't get a good picture of it unfortunately..my camera is not the greatest and doesn't do well in dimmed lighting. The sandwich however tasted great. Gooey cheese, perfectly grilled bread, and a nice little kick from the spicy cheddar. I did have trouble eating it because I was eating the soup at the same time so I was kind of overloaded on cheese.
 
Dos Diablos close up

I think this is a great restaurant, and love coming here. The menu is great and it is a little on the expensive side, but I think it is worth it. They have two other locations in Vancouver, one somewhat near UBC woot! I'll definitely be heading there some day after class.

Burgoo (Main Street) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...